|72 days with Uber are over
||[Aug. 30th, 2015|10:56 pm]
1. You can hire Uber-X car in Seatac, you just need to put a pin at closest hotel and call the driver. They mostly know the trick.
2. Uber takes 20% of what you pay. But there are additional fees which you pay for separately, so the driver gets less than 80% of what you pay.
3. Sometimes you get an Uber moment (when the car is just there when you tap the button) and sometimes you have to wait twice as long as the time predicted by the app.
median trip: $11.75
which is a bit less than $17.13/day I was paying while leasing.
5. Most of Lyft cars are shabbier than Uber-X. Some Uber-X cars are really nice, but some are ok-ish.
6. Leasing a new car takes only a few hours.